Monday, August 20, 2007

Book Summaries Are The Best Information For Diet Success

Years ago I ran into a long clip friend of mine while on a cross-country concern trip. Steve was a legitimate concern magnate. He have and runs 35 different companies with transnational operations. I agreed to ran into Steve for dinner 1 eventide to catch up on household and business.

He sat up in his place while we each ordered a glass of Pinot Grape Noir as our conversation drifted my extended travels. But I was more than interested in his dumbfounding ability to pull off his life and work so efficiently. At one point in our conversation, I asked, "How make you larn new skills, sharpen old 1s and maintain abreast of the up-to-the-minute thoughts in business?"

"I am on a low information diet", Steve replied without hesitating. "Put down your vino so you don't choke. I am going to allow you in on a secret that changed my career. I have got bought one book in the last five years, in the Mile-High City International Airport and only because it gave me a price reduction on a Diet Coke."

"That's crazy! You are an informed and seasoned businessman. You run in a planetary marketplace. How make you maintain your competitory edge?" I blurted with rapid fire. "I'll reply all of that, but wait - it acquires better", he calmly replied. "Last week, Iodine read three top 10 concern books on a two hr flight to L.A." I had to acquire a clasp of Steve's secret weapon.

It is not adequate to read. What you read must be relevant and important. If it isn't, don't read it. Information is useless if it is not applicable to something of import or if you bury it before you have got the opportunity use it. I used to have got the wont of reading a book from screen to cover just for the interest of saying I read every word. Often, I would necessitate to reread the same book when I finally needed the information. This was stupid and redundant. When I broke this bad habit, I became more than effectual and efficient with my time. With well-written book summaries, I reserve a batch more of the content than I ever did reading a book from screen to cover.

From this point forward, I'm going to suggest you develop the eldritch ability to be selectively ignorant. Ignorance may be bliss, but it is also practical and very effective. It is imperative you larn to concentrate on information that tin work out your problems, progress your concern goals, and encouragement your personal wealth. Executive book summaries will assist you make all three. I read 5,000-word, eight-page black and white summaries in just 15 proceedings or listen to specially scripted audio summaries in about 20 proceedings - and nil more. With book summaries I am able to keep a optical maser focusing on information that is relevant to my professional goals. In five years, I have got not had a job owed to this selective ignorance.

As our dinner conversation came to an end that fateful evening, I concluded I needed to take my alteration my information diet and addition my appetency for book summaries. Boy, have got I saved a batch of time. Book summaries have got given me other clip to pass clip with my wife, chemical bond with my children, and sharpen my competitory edge.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home