Friday, September 21, 2007

Did You Shoot Someone - Is Cheating On Your Diet Really That Bad?

The adjacent clip I hear person state "I was bad" in mention to their diet, I may have got to hit them! I ran into antic people all the time. People who are successful in business, sports, academicians -- you name it. I could dwell handsomely off the taxations some of these people pay!! But make they see themselves successful? Are they happy with their lives? Generally speaking, yes-but there is 1 country in which they see themselves to be failures -- and they would merchandise their success any twenty-four hours to achieve this one goal: to lose weight.

At work last week, one of my clients came into my business office looking at the floor, as if she was ashamed. She was ashamed. We said hello, and then I asked if she was feeling alright. Slowly she looked up at me and said, "I was bad." I looked at her and heard myself ask, "Did you rob a bank?" "No," she replied. "Did you hit someone?" Again: "No." Sol I asked her what possibly could have got happened to do her so upset, and she said, "I ate three pieces of birthday bar at my daughter's party."

Why is it that people topographic point judgement on themselves based on their feeding behaviors? Person is a "good" or "bad" individual according what they've eaten? Doesn't it sound crazy? Don't you believe person is good or bad based on, well, whether they've robbed a bank? Abused their child? Voted for the other candidate?

Yet we measurement our worth based on our feeding behaviors. Let's halt this craziness, and set our human relationship with nutrient into perspective. It is just one of the many human relationships we have got in our lives. Relationships wax and wane-we're not always happy with how the human human relationship is going, but the healthy 1s last.

Let's salvage the judgement of being "bad" for when we really make shoot someone.

Becoming "at peace with food" is a journeying that affects developing a new relationship with food. Instead of being pronounced by defeat and disappointment, by fearfulness and competition between you and the nutrient you eat, nutrient will take its topographic point as one of the many activities in your life, along with family, friends, working and being active. And, like these other activities, it should be pleasurable.

To halt "living in conflict" with food, you necessitate to understand more than about yourself and why you have got the human relationship you make with food. As with most relationships, your human relationship with nutrient was developed over time, and for that reason, will take clip to change.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home